Outreach and Administrative Coordinator/ Editorial Assistant:
The Outreach and Administrative Coordinator/ Editorial Assistant will assist with planning events, outreach, and some administrative tasks that help NACLA to run smoothly, as well as supporting production of the print magazine. This is a 10-15 hour/week, part-time position.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Plan and execute public events that further NACLA’s mission, such as conferences, speakers, film screenings, etc., including coordinating logistics and outreach
- Maintain and expand NACLA’s advertising opportunities, online and in print
- Maintain donation database and donor relations and manage mailers
- Some administrative tasks, including monitoring phone, email, and other correspondence
- Support editorial staff in the production of NACLA Report on the Americas, with fact-checking, photo-research, and proofreading
- Must be available to come to the office in New York City at least one day a week (some work can be done remotely) and some evenings
- Must be self-directed and highly-organized
- Strong attention to detail; experience in office administration and/or development settings preferred
- Able to juggle a number of tasks
- Passionate about social justice in the Americas
- Experience in event coordination preferred
- Spanish/Portuguese skills preferred
- Graphic design skills preferred
This is a great experience for a recent graduate, graduate student, or freelancer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume outlining your experience of why you would make a good fit for NACLA to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a list of two references. This position pays $18/hour and begins in early September. We are accepting applications through August 17.
NACLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.