Outreach Coordinator/Editorial Assistant (immediate start date)
The Outreach Coordinator will assist with planning events, outreach, and some administrative tasks and editorial work to help NACLA to run smoothly. This is a 15-20 hour/week, part-time position. Candidates must be available to come to our office at least one day a week with some additional remote work, and—rarely—some evening and weekend availability to staff events.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Plan and execute public events that further NACLA’s mission, such as conferences, speakers, film screenings, etc.
- Maintain and expand NACLA’s advertising opportunities, online and in print
- Monitor NACLA’s email accounts, phone, and mail
- Maintain donation database and donor relations and manage mailers
- Support editorial staff in the production of NACLA Report on the Americas and online content
We're looking for someone who is self-directed, highly organized, and passionate about social justice in the Americas. We prefer someone who has previous experience with office administration, advanced proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese, and experience with fundraising and event coordinating, who has at least an undergraduate degree. There will also be opportunities for the person to assist with editorial production as well. This position pays $18.50 an hour. Please send your resume, cover letter, and a reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have translation experience (Spanish to English, Portuguese to English, English to Spanish, English to Portuguese), NACLA is always looking for great translators to add to our translation team! We pay a modest fee for translation work. Please write email@example.com with relevant experience and clips of your work.