Please join NACLA, the Monthly Review, and Verso Books for a panel discussion and reception as we celebrate the launch of the new anthology, "Voices of Latin America: Social Movements and the New Activism."
When: Thursday, May 16, 2019.
6:30pm - 9:30pm.
Where: Verso Books Loft
20 Jay St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(F train to York St. or 3 train to Clark St.)
- Editor Tom Gatehouse
- Land is Life Executive Director Casey Box
- Brooklyn Museum Director of Education Adjoa Jones de Almeida
- Political sociologist Gabriel Hetland
- Feminist & NYC-based Latin American activist Camila Valle
- Marcos Orellana (via Skype), Director of Environment and Human Rights at Human Rights Watch
"Voices of Latin America," published by Monthly Review Press, brings together interviews with more than 70 activists on the ground, from Mexico to Chile, from the wetlands of Belize to the streets of Sao Paulo. These extraordinary first-person testimonies not only showcase the rich diversity of these movements, but also provide compelling examples of integrity and courage, and of effective resistance through solidarity and collective action.
For more information, click here.