A new year is just hours away—and we want to tell you about some of our exciting plans for 2020! Will you help us take NACLA's historic mission of solidarity and media activism to the next level? Here is some of the work that your year-end, tax deductible donation will make happen in the coming year:
In the spring and summer, the award-winning NACLA Report on the Americas will bring together leading scholars and activists to explore what a Green New Deal could mean for Latin America, as well as map the contours of a progressive US foreign policy in the region ahead of presidential elections next November.
Throughout the spring, we will release a series of specially commissioned articles of original, on-the-ground reporting on the impact of climate change across the Caribbean. As always, we will continue to publish timely news and analysis on our website—along with more Spanish-language and bilingual content than ever before.
And, mark your calendar for an event 50 years in the making: NACLA's 50th anniversary gala celebrating five decades of progressive reporting, analysis, and solidarity, to be held in New York City on March 14. Stay tuned for more details in January!
We know you hear this all the time, but it's true: your support makes this work possible. Without your donations, we would not be able to provide the critical, reliable, and progressive analysis our readers expect and that NACLA has consistently delivered for over 50 years. Can we count on your support?
Here are some of the many ways you can help keep NACLA going strong:
- Stay informed: NACLA's newsletter covers everything from upcoming events to the free articles published online at nacla.org
- Share your favorite NACLA articles on social media and feel free to tag us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!
- Become a monthly sustaining donor for as little as $5 per month.
- Assign NACLA readings to your syllabus. The material is accessible, with ample context for students to gain a deeper understanding of Latin America.
- Subscribe to the NACLA Report (student rates now available)
Finally, thank you! For your ongoing and your future support. We wish you a safe, happy, and peaceful New Year. See you in 2020!
-NACLA Editorial Staff